Household Trash and Recycling Schedule
Trash: Curbside pick-up for trash is every Monday.
Recycling: Curbside pick-up for recycling is every other Monday. See the calendar below for the recycling pick up schedule for your street and guidance on what items can be recycled. Please have your trash and recycling carts at the curb no later than 7 a.m. Monday morning. (Any trash or recyclables placed outside the cart will not be picked up on Monday, but may be collected as bulk trash)
Bulk Trash and Yard Waste: Curbside pick-up for bulk trash items and yard waste is every Tuesday. See below for further guidance on bulk trash collection.
Trash and Recycling carts should be placed at the curb or edge of the street with the wheels and handle facing away from the street. There should be a minimum of 5 feet around between the cart and any other objects, including mailboxes, tree limbs, parked cars, etc. Trash and recycling carts need to be spaced 3 feet apart.
Broken or Damaged Carts
If you have a broken or damaged cart, please contact Inframark at Garbage-Recycling@inframark.com and include your address and photos of the damaged cart, if you have them available. Our waste management contractor will replace your cart on collection day (Monday), so make sure the broken cart is at the curb for exchange. You may put your weekly trash/recyclables in the broken cart.
Recycling Calendar and Guide
Bulk Trash and Yard Waste Collection:
To ensure pick up of your bulk trash and yard waste, please follow these guidelines:
Quantity and Staging:
- Up to three (3) cubic yards of trash may be placed at the curb for pick up. Do not place bulk trash inside trash carts or any personally-owned container that you do not wish to be discarded.
- Up to eight (8) bags of yard waste may be collected.* Bags must weigh less than 50 pounds each.
- Yard waste that is not bagged must be otherwise bundled/tied up, and up to eight (8) such bundles may be collected.* Brush and tree limbs must be cut into lengths of four (4) feet or less. Bundles must weigh less than 50 pounds each.
- Place bulk trash and yard waste at your curbside not later than 7 a.m Tuesday morning. It is the resident’s responsibility to ensure that bulk trash does not block public sidewalks or streets.
*Please note that our trash collectors may decide to do partial pick up of your household’s bulk trash and yard waste if they determine there is not enough space on the truck to take it all in a single week.
Household Items Accepted for Bulk Trash Pick Up:
- Refrigerators, freezers, A/C units, or any other items containing refrigerant only if the refrigerant has been removed by a certified technician.
- Stoves, ranges, water heaters, and similar domestic appliances, furniture, and mattresses may be collected provided you do not have more than three (3) cubic yards of items to be collected in a single week.
Household Items NOT Accepted for Bulk Trash Pick Up: The following items will not be collected as part of your regular weekly bulk pick up. See below for alternative disposal options for these items.
- Animal feces or animal carcasses
- Automotive products: antifreeze, fluids, motor oil, oil filters, gasoline, polish and waxes, and similar
- Electronics: Televisions, computers, laptops, cellphones, printers, fax machines, DVD players, and similar
- Lightbulbs and lamp fixtures
- Smoke detectors
- Liquid mercury or mercury-containing items, such as thermometers and thermostats
- Paint products: oil-based, latex, and spray paints, caulk, wood preservative, wood stain, and similar
- Garden chemicals: pesticides, herbicides, fertilizer, and insecticides.
- Household chemicals and cleaners: toilet bowl cleaner, shower/tile cleaner, carpet cleaner, rust remover, swimming pooler chemicals, and similar
- Sharps: syringes, needles, lancets, and similar
- Biological waste
- Medicines and prescriptions
- Ammunition and explosives
- Unknown or unlabeled materials/liquids
- Radioactive items
- Containers over 5 gallons
- Construction waste
Alternative Options for Waste Disposal
Our District’s waste collection company offers numerous options for disposal of materials not otherwise collected through our weekly residential curbside pick-up service: